GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pros/cons of hydro-seeding (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/81567-pros-cons-hydro-seeding.html)

Eric 12-08-2004 05:18 AM

pros/cons of hydro-seeding

I am going to replace my lawn, part of the process is to
decide on sod vs hand seeding vs hydro seeding.
I'm leaning towards hydroseeding, can any one
tell me the disadvantages of it?
I've been told it takes 3 months before the grass is
strong enough to walk on and that the first 2 mowings
have to be done with a push mower.
Thanks
Eric

William W. Plummer 12-08-2004 09:26 AM

pros/cons of hydro-seeding

Eric wrote:
I am going to replace my lawn, part of the process is to
decide on sod vs hand seeding vs hydro seeding.
I'm leaning towards hydroseeding, can any one
tell me the disadvantages of it?
I've been told it takes 3 months before the grass is
strong enough to walk on and that the first 2 mowings
have to be done with a push mower.
Thanks
Eric

Hydro-seeding is a worksaver for the installer. But the client still
must guarantee proper watering. After installation it's no different
than any lawn.

Steveo 12-08-2004 12:01 PM

pros/cons of hydro-seeding

"William W. Plummer" wrote:
Eric wrote:
I am going to replace my lawn, part of the process is to
decide on sod vs hand seeding vs hydro seeding.
I'm leaning towards hydroseeding, can any one
tell me the disadvantages of it?
I've been told it takes 3 months before the grass is
strong enough to walk on and that the first 2 mowings
have to be done with a push mower.
Thanks
Eric

Hydro-seeding is a worksaver for the installer. But the client still
must guarantee proper watering. After installation it's no different
than any lawn.

Hydro seeding eliminates the straw seedlings that you would
get by covering with straw. It also eliminates straw blowing
all over the place on a windy day.

Hydro seeding helps hold the seed in place better too.

Eric 17-08-2004 12:50 AM

Eric wrote:

I am going to replace my lawn, part of the process is to
decide on sod vs hand seeding vs hydro seeding.
I'm leaning towards hydroseeding, can any one
tell me the disadvantages of it?

What about this? Is this true?
I get deer on my property fairly often (once a week or so)
Is that going to ruin it?

Steveo 17-08-2004 12:53 AM

Eric wrote:
Eric wrote:

I am going to replace my lawn, part of the process is to
decide on sod vs hand seeding vs hydro seeding.
I'm leaning towards hydroseeding, can any one
tell me the disadvantages of it?

What about this? Is this true?
I get deer on my property fairly often (once a week or so)
Is that going to ruin it?

Not anymore than if you had used straw.

--
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change ready.