Old 16-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Ivan Ober

Default lawn sweepers vs rear grass catcher

I have a lawn tractor and I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion
whether I should get a grass bagger for on the back of it or a tow lawn
sweeper.

Old 16-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Steveo

"Ivan Ober" wrote:
I have a lawn tractor and I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion
whether I should get a grass bagger for on the back of it or a tow lawn
sweeper.

Do you have leaves to clean up in the fall, or just grass clippings?

--
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change ready.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Danny

I'd forget them both and go purchase a Stihl BR420 backpack blower for about
400 bucks.

You will not be disappointed with it.

You cant clean out the garage sand and leaves with your mower

-------------------
www.askalandscaper.com

"someone" wrote in message

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:31:52 -0400,
in alt.home.lawn.garden
"Ivan Ober"
wrote:

:I have a lawn tractor and I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion
:whether I should get a grass bagger for on the back of it or a tow lawn
:sweeper.

Baggers cost more than sweepers (in my case $300 + s/h vs $125 on sale
assembled
and ready to haul out the door).

The sweepers' brushes are powered by the wheels, this means that if you
can't
build up a respectable speed, it won't pick up. Without a load the
wheels tend
to skid (a pair of 8" concrete blocks roped to the frame will cure this).

Big yard with lots of smooth open space to build and maintain jogging (+)
speed?
Get the sweeper and save money.

Lumpy yard with lots of trees/flower-beds/obstacles + objects to run into?
Spend the money, save the headache.

I wish I had.

As soon as the warrantee runs out on mine I'm un-hooking the wheels from
the
sweeper shaft and hooking up a motor to it.

Wanted: old Ariens grass catcher kit David_T (MO) Gardening 0 07-12-2004 09:49 PM
Lawn Sweepers Gene C Gardening 10 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Do Lawn Sweepers Work??? RO Lawns 2 26-04-2004 05:04 PM
New Grass Catcher for Newer Craftsman LT w/36" Deck Peter Hall Lawns 0 16-07-2003 04:54 PM
Lawn sweepers Heikki Rantasalo United Kingdom 0 29-03-2003 11:08 AM