GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pump & pressure tank setup (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/82924-pump-pressure-tank-setup.html)

tony 03-09-2004 04:19 PM

pump & pressure tank setup

Hi. I'm looking for tips on setting up a 1/2 hp jet pump & 4 gallon
pressure tank at the cottage. It's about 50 feet from the lake to the
kitchen.

tia

Donald Guzzetta 04-09-2004 12:13 AM

You will want to drive a point well for the pump and tank. typically you do
not want to tap directly into the lake. Groundwater is filtered by the
surrounding aquafer and higher quality water.

Srgnt Billko 04-09-2004 02:12 AM

"tony " wrote in message
Hi. I'm looking for tips on setting up a 1/2 hp jet pump & 4 gallon
pressure tank at the cottage. It's about 50 feet from the lake to the
kitchen.

tia

First, I assume you meant 40 gallon rather than 4 gal.

Can I also assume you are not going to drink the water ?

Next, what is the elevation difference between the lake and the cottage ?

tony 09-09-2004 06:29 PM

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 01:12:54 GMT, "Srgnt Billko"
wrote:

"tony " wrote in message
Hi. I'm looking for tips on setting up a 1/2 hp jet pump & 4 gallon
pressure tank at the cottage. It's about 50 feet from the lake to the
kitchen.

tia

First, I assume you meant 40 gallon rather than 4 gal.

Can I also assume you are not going to drink the water ?

Next, what is the elevation difference between the lake and the cottage ?

It is actually a 4 gallon tank. Just enough to do a small sink full
of dishes, etc. This water is quite clean but not potable.

The elevation diff is quite small, about 6 feet.

thanks