GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What's the best lawn tractor? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/83751-whats-best-lawn-tractor.html)

Oscar_Lives 18-09-2004 04:56 AM

What's the best lawn tractor?

My WheelHorse sucks. I need a new lawn tractor to mow my semi-smooth 1.5
acres and a snow blade for my driveway.

Steveo 18-09-2004 10:55 AM

"Oscar_Lives" wrote:
My WheelHorse sucks. I need a new lawn tractor to mow my semi-smooth 1.5
acres and a snow blade for my driveway.

That's really a subjective question, I'd look at garden tractors first.

What's your budget?

Srgnt Billko 18-09-2004 12:36 PM

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
My WheelHorse sucks. I need a new lawn tractor to mow my semi-smooth 1.5
acres and a snow blade for my driveway.

What year / model is your Wheehorse ? How much you want for it ?

Oscar_Lives 19-09-2004 02:57 AM

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
My WheelHorse sucks. I need a new lawn tractor to mow my semi-smooth 1.5
acres and a snow blade for my driveway.

What year / model is your Wheehorse ? How much you want for it ?

2001, Hydrostatic, 18 hp Kohler V-Twin, 42" deck, 83 total hours. Paid
$4,300 for it. Sell for $3,000.

Srgnt Billko 19-09-2004 05:26 PM

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
My WheelHorse sucks. I need a new lawn tractor to mow my semi-smooth

1.5
acres and a snow blade for my driveway.

What year / model is your Wheehorse ? How much you want for it ?

2001, Hydrostatic, 18 hp Kohler V-Twin, 42" deck, 83 total hours. Paid
$4,300 for it. Sell for $3,000.

You paid too much for it. If you bought it right you would have been much
more satisfied.

Oscar_Lives 19-09-2004 06:07 PM

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
My WheelHorse sucks. I need a new lawn tractor to mow my semi-smooth

1.5
acres and a snow blade for my driveway.

What year / model is your Wheehorse ? How much you want for it ?

2001, Hydrostatic, 18 hp Kohler V-Twin, 42" deck, 83 total hours. Paid
$4,300 for it. Sell for $3,000.

You paid too much for it. If you bought it right you would have been much
more satisfied.

If the damn thing didn't break every time I used it, I'd be even more
satisfied.

Srgnt Billko 20-09-2004 02:51 AM

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
My WheelHorse sucks. I need a new lawn tractor to mow my

semi-smooth
1.5
acres and a snow blade for my driveway.

What year / model is your Wheehorse ? How much you want for it ?

2001, Hydrostatic, 18 hp Kohler V-Twin, 42" deck, 83 total hours. Paid
$4,300 for it. Sell for $3,000.

You paid too much for it. If you bought it right you would have been

much
more satisfied.

If the damn thing didn't break every time I used it, I'd be even more
satisfied.

And you're going to ask top dollar for a machine you know is not dependable
?

Oscar_Lives 20-09-2004 04:03 AM

[...]

What do you think it is worth? $4300 with only 83 hours, looks and runs
like new?

GFRfan 20-09-2004 10:11 AM

Oscar_Lives wrote:
[...]

Since it breaks down all the time, I'll give ya $50 bucks. Where ya live?

Steveo 20-09-2004 10:53 AM

"Oscar_Lives" wrote:
What do you think it is worth? $4300 with only 83 hours, looks and
runs

like new?

Only driven on Sunday's?

LTNAM 21-09-2004 05:02 AM

FORGET ALL THE SMALL TALK ABOUT BUYING THE OLD MACHINE! IT'S JUNK IF IT DOESN'T WORK. BUYERS WANT IT FOR PARTS! INVEST $1999.00 WITH YOUR LOCAL JOHN DEERE DEALER FOR A L118 (PLUS A $200 IN STORE REBATE). I'VE HAD MINE FOR A SEASON AND IT IS FANTASTIC AND WELL WORTH THE MONEY. IT'S A HONEY! GOOD LUCK - ED

LTNAM 21-09-2004 05:02 AM

Steveo Wrote:
"Oscar_Lives" wrote:--
What do you think it is worth? $4300 with only 83 hours, looks and
runs-
like new?
-
Only driven on Sunday's?

--
LTNAM

Lobo 23-09-2004 07:21 PM

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
My WheelHorse sucks. I need a new lawn tractor to mow my semi-smooth 1.5
acres and a snow blade for my driveway.

We have a Cub Cadet 1527. The mower's worked well on our semi-rough,
prairie grass 2 acres. (We didn't get grass in everywhere we should have
right away, and erosion made the yard lumpy). We've talked about getting a
snow blade, but haven't done it yet. The tractor's worked well so far.
Using the instruction book, I changed the oil myself and only had to ask for
help getting the filter off because I didn't have an oil filter wrench.
With a little help from this newsgroup, DH and I removed the mow deck so I
could grease the spindles. I'd have done it myself if I had the physical
strength, but I couldn't manage it.

I even mowed the ditch last week, and the only trouble I had was getting
hung up on an ant hill!

Lobo
Delete the obvious to reply to me personally.