GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   When to trim trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/86306-when-trim-trees.html)

JustMe 11-11-2004 12:45 PM

When to trim trees

I need to take off a branch on a Honey Locus tree and wonder if Fall is a
good time, or is Winter or Spring better?

Thanks

Larry 11-11-2004 03:40 PM

" JustMe" wrote in message
I need to take off a branch on a Honey Locus tree and wonder if Fall is a
good time, or is Winter or Spring better?

Thanks

Right now (unless you are 'down under').

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

Barney 14-11-2004 04:20 AM

" JustMe" had
:

I need to take off a branch on a Honey Locus tree and wonder if
Fall is a good time, or is Winter or Spring better?

Thanks

The tree is dormant untill early spring. In the spring the tree will
heal better and in the winter the cut from the removed limb will not
be protected.

--
"Name calling is best left to the children."