GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Which John Deere Would You Buy? L130 or LX280 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/86328-john-deere-would-you-buy-l130-lx280.html)

JB 11-11-2004 11:06 PM

Which John Deere Would You Buy? L130 or LX280

OK, I'll be the first to acknowledge that I'm obsessing on this but I'd
really like to hear the opinion of others. I'm looking to buy a new John
Deere mower, either an L130 with 48" deck or the LX280 with a 42" deck.
Home Depot recently advertised the L130 (23 hp Kohler) on sale for
$2,500 + tax with a $200 rebate. The John Deere distributor has quoted me a
price of $3,949 + tax for the LX280 (18 hp Kawasaki). According to the spec
sheets both decks are .105 in (12 ga). The LX280 has a heavier frame but
gives up 5 hp.

So, I guess I'm trying to figure out why the smaller engine on a
heavier, more expensive mower and is it worth the extra $1,500?

TIA

Barney 14-11-2004 04:11 AM

"JB" had
arthlink.net:

OK, I'll be the first to acknowledge that I'm obsessing on this
but I'd really like to hear the opinion of others.

I use an excellent site called epinions.com. They give readers
revues of just about any product and web sites to them as well.

--
"Name calling is best left to the children."