Old 15-11-2004, 12:23 AM
john

Default Leaf Blower,...Which one?

I'm looking for a hand held, these are all around $200.00

Shindaiwa EB240
Stihl BG85
Echo PB230LN
Redmax HB2300

Any opinions?

Old 16-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Merle O'Broham

john wrote in message ...
I'm looking for a hand held, these are all around $200.00

Shindaiwa EB240
Stihl BG85
Echo PB230LN
Redmax HB2300

Any opinions?

Just wondering if you'd consider a backpack model. Used one this year
and it makes work a whole lot easier.
Old 19-11-2004, 02:04 AM
john

It's alsogonna be my garage "sweeper". I thought it would be easier to point it into all of
the nooks and crannies........ "what's a crannie?"

Old 19-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Merle O'Broham

john wrote in message ...
It's alsogonna be my garage "sweeper". I thought it would be easier to point it into all of
the nooks and crannies........ "what's a crannie?"

Exactly what I use mine for too. Stand back and put on a respirator.
Crannie, married to Crandpa? :-p ouch

Old 23-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Squank

john wrote in message ...
I'm looking for a hand held, these are all around $200.00

I'm sure you've done your research, but at that cost have you
considered bumping up to a backpack model? I've seen some in the
mid-$200s.

As far as a hand-held model goes, I bought last year a "Homelite" from
Home Depot - not sure of the exact model number. It's their house
brand, and I've really enjoyed it. It's gas powered, has a mulching
vacuum that works well on leaves (but I don't recommend sticks or
cones), and a couple of different attachments for the blower. It
retails for about $100 and satisfies my needs.

Good luck!

Old 27-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Registered User

Location: Meadow Vista, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
I'm looking for a hand held, these are all around $200.00

Shindaiwa EB240
Stihl BG85
Echo PB230LN
Redmax HB2300

Any opinions?
My 2 cents worth: I just ran a Husky (132HBV) to it's demise after 10 years of use. Looked at Consumer Reports and decided on a Stihl BG85. Was surprised at how much more powerful it was (yeah, I know, not a fair comparison to a 10 y/o piece of equipment). I thought getting a backpack model might be overkill for what I use it for (blowing pine needles and leaves off the roof and decks), and didn't want to spend the extra bucks on a backpack. If I used the blower for a garage sweeper, my wife would have me remove the exhaust fumes manually (inhale in the garage, exhale outside the garage).

Replacing impeller in Craftsman Electric Leaf Blower/Vac Phil Pickett Gardening 7 17-11-2016 03:09 PM
Which Vacuum/Blower? Angela[_3_] United Kingdom 17 03-02-2011 11:45 AM
leaf blower/vacuum DAVID ALLEN Lawns 5 27-09-2003 06:43 AM
Homelite HB100 leaf blower won't run sjohnsen Lawns 2 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Homelite HB100 leaf blower won't run sjohnsen Lawns 2 06-12-2002 07:46 AM