GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help to identify an antique mower required, thank you (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/87330-help-identify-antique-mower-required-thank-you.html)

Maloney Empire 05-12-2004 10:21 AM

Help to identify an antique mower required, thank you

Hi all,

I am seeking advice to find the history about an old lawn mower that a
friend has.
I have tried looking at ebay hoping to find something similar - none that I
could see.
I have also searched google to try and find a website that may help. We
have taken the mower to our local mower shop and the owner has never seen
anything quite like this style.
It is not the usual push mower as it has blades that move from side to
side - like a shaver.
Is there a collectors group that anyone knows about that I could contact -
and send a pic to for some help?

Any help would be most appreciated.
Di Maloney
Please reply group or
To reply direct, please remove '1' from email address -

willshak 05-12-2004 12:31 PM

On 12/5/2004 5:21 AM US(ET), Maloney Empire took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

Hi all,

I am seeking advice to find the history about an old lawn mower that a
friend has.
I have tried looking at ebay hoping to find something similar - none that I
could see.
I have also searched google to try and find a website that may help. We
have taken the mower to our local mower shop and the owner has never seen
anything quite like this style.
It is not the usual push mower as it has blades that move from side to
side - like a shaver.
Is there a collectors group that anyone knows about that I could contact -
and send a pic to for some help?

Any help would be most appreciated.
Di Maloney
Please reply group or
To reply direct, please remove '1' from email address -

You asked this back on Nov 25th and within an hour and a half, someone
was kind enough to respond with a link that may have identified the
mower for you. Go back and read that response.

Chip Stein 06-12-2004 02:10 AM

willshak wrote in message ...
On 12/5/2004 5:21 AM US(ET), Maloney Empire took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

Hi all,

I am seeking advice to find the history about an old lawn mower that a
friend has.
I have tried looking at ebay hoping to find something similar - none that I
could see.
I have also searched google to try and find a website that may help. We
have taken the mower to our local mower shop and the owner has never seen
anything quite like this style.
It is not the usual push mower as it has blades that move from side to
side - like a shaver.
Is there a collectors group that anyone knows about that I could contact -
and send a pic to for some help?

it's a sickle bar mower, there were many makers in the day. post a
pic sometime and let's seee it.
Chip