GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New Lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/87617-new-lawn.html)

PlanetDan 12-12-2004 04:37 PM

New Lawn

I bought a house where the lawn has been let go. We live in a very dry area
with a drought (Colorado) and I want to bring the lawn back. I would rather
do so with seed. The existing lawn is dead sod with weeds that have been
mowed down. There is top soil about 6 inches down from previous owner. I was
going to rototill the current mess up, rake it out, put down seed this
Spring and water the heck out of it. Any recommendations to that plan?