GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My new sod is yellowing, help! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/87979-my-new-sod-yellowing-help.html)

JT 23-12-2004 10:30 PM

My new sod is yellowing, help!

Hi, I planted new sod about 3 months ago, did everything right according to
my local Agriculture Extension Agent, I noticed today that I had yellow tips
some of them a couple of inches long on about a 1/4th of my grass tips.

The one thing I haven't done is fertilize it yet, is the grass pulling the
nitrogen from the grass tips? I want to nip this in the bud ASAP before it
ruins all my hard work.
by the way I have bahia grass and live in tampa bay area.
TIA,
JT

Eyebright 27-12-2004 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT
Hi, I planted new sod about 3 months ago, I noticed today that I had yellow tips
some of them a couple of inches long on about a 1/4th of my grass tips.

The one thing I haven't done is fertilize it yet,

is this yellowing in patches around the lawn ? do you have a dog or is there one in the vicinity that might have access ?

thats all i can think of at the moment