Old 14-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Jenn Vanderslice

Default ISO: Magazine articles about ~Moon Gardens~

Good Morning all,

Please know that this is cross-posted to three groups, so if you reply,
please be polite.
I'm a Penn State Master Garden who's trying to become the resident
expert on Moon Gardens. From what I gathered at my local library, I'm
to understand that there are articles in a couple magazines that would
help me.
Before I start making calls to order back copies, I thought I'd try a
couple newsgroups to see if anyone might have these magazines and be
able to scan and email them to me.
I'm looking for:

Old House Journal: Sept/Oct 1998 (article starts on page 32)
American Nurseryman: Jan 1994 (article starts on page 34)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jenn
--
Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe -
the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant

Old 14-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Timothy

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:00:48 -0500, Jenn Vanderslice wrote:

Good Morning all,

Please know that this is cross-posted to three groups, so if you reply,
please be polite.
I'm a Penn State Master Garden who's trying to become the resident expert
on Moon Gardens. From what I gathered at my local library, I'm to
understand that there are articles in a couple magazines that would help
me.
Before I start making calls to order back copies, I thought I'd try a
couple newsgroups to see if anyone might have these magazines and be able
to scan and email them to me.
I'm looking for:

Old House Journal: Sept/Oct 1998 (article starts on page 32) American
Nurseryman: Jan 1994 (article starts on page 34)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jenn

Good day Jenn, I do not have these articles, but I was able to find many
pages on the subject on google 80) Maybe those will work for you..?
Good luck.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com
Old 14-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Jenn Vanderslice

Well...son of a gun! If it isn't Victoria from RCTN!
Good to see you here.....though, I'm not sure which group you actually
replied to.
Thanks for the info. I've ordered one book from Ebay...I don't believe
it's either of the ones that you've mentioned. And I took "The Evening
Garden" by Peter Loewer out from the library.
I've already become the resident expert on Lunar Gardening (astrological
gardening)at the Master Gardener office. I guess my being born under
the sign of Cancer and being ruled by the Moon, it's my destiny.
Maybe I'll see you in alt.astrology.moderated? ;-)

Thanks...I'll look for the books you mentioned.

Jenn

escape wrote:

There are two books I would recommend. Scott Ogden wrote "Moonlit Gardens," and
Barash wrote "Evening Gardens."

There was an article years back in Gardener's Gate magazine about moon gardens,
but I'd hardly say it's worth the search. Far superior information can be found
right online.

Victoria

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:34:14 -0800, Timothy opined:

ASC: Born to Herf 2005: http://www.geocities.com/borntoherf/
RCTY F.O.s: http://tinyurl.com/64dq5