GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fertiser mess (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/91000-fertiser-mess.html)

David 16-03-2005 10:33 AM

Fertiser mess

Hi

I put some fertiliser on my lawn yesterday and it was windy. Over night I
find my curb stones are now stained brown - quite badly in places.

Any advice on how to get these stains off ........ I am nearly in tears.

David

Steveo 16-03-2005 12:31 PM

"David" wrote:
Hi

I put some fertiliser on my lawn yesterday and it was windy. Over night I
find my curb stones are now stained brown - quite badly in places.

Any advice on how to get these stains off ........ I am nearly in tears.

David

Did your food contail iron?

Timothy 17-03-2005 03:36 AM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:33:22 +0000, David wrote:

Hi

I put some fertiliser on my lawn yesterday and it was windy. Over night I
find my curb stones are now stained brown - quite badly in places.

Any advice on how to get these stains off ........ I am nearly in tears.

David

Good day David. First off, don't be too hard on yourself about this. Many
people have done this to sidewalks..etc with fertilizer. This issue is
that the fertilizer had/has iron in it. Your not going to get it out of
the stone/sidewalk if it's _real_ bad, but only lessen it.

If the stain is light, then pressure washing them _may_ work. Otherwise
you'll have to use muraic acid, which may damage the stone. Your mileage
may vary. All you can do at this point is to learn from the error and to
grab the broom/leaf blower when you fertilize.
Better luck to you David.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com

David 17-03-2005 10:07 AM

Good day David. First off, don't be too hard on yourself about this. Many
people have done this to sidewalks..etc with fertilizer. This issue is
that the fertilizer had/has iron in it. Your not going to get it out of
the stone/sidewalk if it's _real_ bad, but only lessen it.

Thanks for the encouragement, I tried vinegar with no success - will try my
powerwasher this weekend.

I thought gardening was meant to be relaxing.

David