GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawnmower Repair (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/91821-lawnmower-repair.html)

Zane Warren 02-04-2005 06:56 PM

Lawnmower Repair

I have a Honda walk behind mower. The pull cord broke at the end of last
season. I replaced it with a similar cord at the same length. I wound the
cord back up and reinstalled it onto the mower. Now the cord retracts when
you pull it but not all of the way. About 12" of the cord hangs out of the
housing. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

- Tom - 02-04-2005 09:12 PM

"Zane Warren" wrote in message
I have a Honda walk behind mower. The pull cord broke at the end of last
season. I replaced it with a similar cord at the same length. I wound the
cord back up and reinstalled it onto the mower. Now the cord retracts when
you pull it but not all of the way. About 12" of the cord hangs out of the
housing. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

Either cut off the extra cord or remove the recoil mechanism, pull out
about two feet of cord under spring tension and then wind it onto the spool.
Failing this, take it to the shop.

--
Tom

Srgnt Billko 02-04-2005 10:48 PM

"Zane Warren" wrote in message
I have a Honda walk behind mower. The pull cord broke at the end of last
season. I replaced it with a similar cord at the same length. I wound the
cord back up and reinstalled it onto the mower. Now the cord retracts when
you pull it but not all of the way. About 12" of the cord hangs out of the
housing. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

chuckle First time you did this huh ?