GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   MTD PRO mower w/ Honda engine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/92147-mtd-pro-mower-w-honda-engine.html)

J E Frink 08-04-2005 10:32 PM

MTD PRO mower w/ Honda engine

I saw an self propelled MTD Pro lawn mower at Sam's club that has a
6.5 OHC/OVC engine. Does anyone have any info on this item? I went
to the MTD web site and saw nothing regarding this item.

J E Frink 09-04-2005 01:21 AM

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:32:25 -0400, J E Frink wrote:

I saw an self propelled MTD Pro lawn mower at Sam's club that has a
6.5 OHC/OVC engine. Does anyone have any info on this item? I went
to the MTD web site and saw nothing regarding this item.

Addition - It was a HONDA engine

KY_bryan 20-04-2005 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J E Frink
I saw an self propelled MTD Pro lawn mower at Sam's club that has a
6.5 OHC/OVC engine. Does anyone have any info on this item? I went
to the MTD web site and saw nothing regarding this item.

After consulting with a repair center that works on mowers (they do not sell them), I purchased the same mower that you refer to. Essentially, the service person told me that the mower was a mid-grade commercial quality mower. With a 6.5 HP Honda, 3 in 1 mulching deck, and front caster wheels, he said it was a great bargain. I also compared it to several other models and couldn't find any others that came close to the features for that price.

Just got it so I can't really evaluate how well I like it yet, but it seems to be fine. Hope this helps.