GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   what category of business do i look for? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/93205-what-category-business-do-i-look.html)

RB 29-04-2005 03:52 PM

what category of business do i look for?

I have a pretty good sized front and side yard that have gotten tacky
looking. One problem is I don't think the yard has the right kind of grass
for our situation. I obviously have a different kind than our neighbors all
have, and we stick out like a sore thumb. I'd love to have a nice, thick,
luxurious lawn like the others have.

My lawn, at it's very best, is no match for the rest of the neighborhood.

Which leads to my question: what yellow pages category of business do I
look for to have come in, assess the situation, make recommendations, get
the materials, and have the work done???

Is it a landscape company? Glorified lawn service? What kind of business
can be a "one source" resource for this purpose?

Steveo 29-04-2005 04:04 PM

"RB" wrote:
I have a pretty good sized front and side yard that have gotten tacky
looking. One problem is I don't think the yard has the right kind of
grass for our situation. I obviously have a different kind than our
neighbors all have, and we stick out like a sore thumb. I'd love to have
a nice, thick, luxurious lawn like the others have.

My lawn, at it's very best, is no match for the rest of the neighborhood.

Which leads to my question: what yellow pages category of business do I
look for to have come in, assess the situation, make recommendations, get
the materials, and have the work done???

Is it a landscape company? Glorified lawn service? What kind of
business can be a "one source" resource for this purpose?

Landscape or we also get categorized under lawn maintenance.

[email protected] 29-04-2005 08:16 PM

And I wouldn't start with the yellow pages. I'd start by asking the
neighbors and friends with the nice lawns for recommendations.