GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Transplanting juniper (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/93301-transplanting-juniper.html)

aol 01-05-2005 02:54 PM

Transplanting juniper

Hello all.
My mother, without thinking had a cover build over her small front courtyard
where she has had a nice juniper growing for years. Not surprisingly it
began to die immediately so I put a fairly large grow light on a timer in a
vain attempt to pull it back from extinction. Yesterday it looked like it
was on its last leg so I carefully pulled it out but had to cut two large
roots that had grown under a cement patio. I placed the tree in the dirt
which it came out of and watered it in a container. Can I hope to bring this
tree/bush back from the brink? If so where should I plant it? Can it be
replanted at all? While not a professional gardener I do have great success
with most of my planting projects and know the fundamentals. I suspect it
needs to go into someplace fairly dry, true? Does it need lots of sun or can
it stand partial shade?
Too many questions I know.
Cheers to the forum,
Bruce Stafford