Old 03-06-2005, 04:42 AM
Steveo

"redrover" wrote:
Sorry about the photos not being compressed. I'll try to do better next
time.

Dr. J

Compress the idea that this is a text group, jackass. You booted a bunch of
text posts off the spool with your shitard aerator pic.

Old 03-06-2005, 06:18 AM
Steveo

"Steveo" wrote in message
"redrover" wrote:
Sorry about the photos not being compressed. I'll try to do better
next time.

Dr. J

Compress the idea that this is a text group, jackass. You booted a
bunch of
text posts off the spool with your shitard aerator pic.

-top post corrected-

"redrover" wrote:
If you answer an argument, you can always name call.

What argument? You bought a cheap plastic aerator, then you post pics of it
in a text group. No argument here.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:13 PM
redrover

I watched this thread so I could become informed before buying an aerator.
I have never heard a specific reason (other than the FACT you own one) to
buy a Ryan. Give specific examples why yours is better, ie more horsepower,
easier to use, more production per hour. BTW what model Ryan do you own?

Contrary to your statement, the Plugr is not made of plastic. Even the
cover is made of metal.

If you cant give me specific facts as to why Ryan is better, I have bought
the better equipment.

Old 03-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Steveo

"redrover" wrote:
If you answer an argument, you can always name call.

What argument? You bought a cheap plastic aerator, then you post pics
of it
in a text group. No argument here.

I use these http://www.carswelldist.com/big_image.php?id=158
and lawnaire V's. If you think that junk you bought is better there's not
much I can do about it. Let me know how it works in 10 years, and if you
can get parts for it.

Btw, why do you post as two different people?

Old 03-06-2005, 07:57 PM
joe

Steveo wrote:

Btw, why do you post as two different people?

which 2 is he?
Old 06-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Steveo

joe wrote:
Steveo wrote:

Btw, why do you post as two different people?

which 2 is he?

You should know, bellsouth boi.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:26 AM
Steveo

Steveo wrote:
"redrover" wrote:
And a note to Stevo, just cause you
haven't seen one up close doesn't make it junk.

I seen enough here to know I don't want one.

http://www.wikco.com/Plugr.html

As it turns out, redrover sells them. shocking!
Old 11-06-2005, 07:34 AM
redrover

Stevo,

You are way off base. I would love to get any kind of support (i.e. money
or free equipment) from ANY manufacturer. (If you would re-read my
COURT in my back yard, I am simply a white collar professional) I have no
allegiance to any company. Actually, if pressed for favoritism, I feel
that Toro units may be a little better engineered than competing
(RYAN/TEXTRON) products. (although at a somewhat higher price) I
continue this discussion for the other readers.

Coming to this newsgroup, my sole objective was researching a planned
purchase of an aerator. (We are both obviously believers in an regular
aeration program) When I asked for suggestions/ reccomendations from users,
the only advice I got from you was to buy a Ryan hands down: no facts, no
eplanations, no comparisons. When you did not answer my questions
directly, I quickly gathered that you were biased, you must be a Ryan
owner?dealer.

My needs were straightforward, I need to aerate my court at least 3 times a
year (actually more often is reccommended). In the past, I have rented and
borrowed aerators . I have rented both Bluebird and a Ryan lawnaire IV
rotary aerators.

Maybe in your experience, maybe they are vastly different machines, but to
me (except for the decals) they were essentially the same unit. Simply
because they are both ROTARY aerators. They both leave 1 to 3 inch long
irregular scars at every single entrance point. This is TOTALLY
UNACCEPTABLE for a lawn laser leveled to 1/4" tolerance. (Maybe you are OK
with this if you run a mundane/generic lawncare business)

Later I borrowed a very old (~1988) Ryan GREENSAIRE aerator. This was an
AWESOME MACHINE!!!! Every aeration hole entered the ground at a
perpendicular angle!!! I propose that VERTICAL aeration from ANY brand
aerator (less surface disruption) is better than any ROTARY aeration
process. Ask any golfer, why golf course professionals use vertical
aeration. They know that bentgrass and bermuda cut at short cutting heights
heals faster with less surface (vertical aeration) damage.

I need VERTICAL aerating motion because of the height of cut of my lawn.
Today I cut my Tif Eagle bermuda (oh yeah, I forgot, you don't know
anything about bermuda) croquet court at 0.160" (or 5/32 inch) As far as
your cricism of my lawn photos, to your simple mind that is equal to
thickness of 33 sheets of 20lb copy paper. When you regularly cut your
lawn at that height, then you can realistically criticize my (ill posted)
photos, (which incidentally, only YOU complained about).

Rotary tine aeration (lawnaire IV and V etc) simply won't cut it for my
croquet lawn. Rotary aeration will cause scalping at every aeration hole
(due to large 1 to 2 inch long SCARS at every entrance point with a rotary
aerator) and ruin my 1994 Toro 3100 triplex reels in about 30 seconds. As
far as your earlier reply, I surmise you probably only have a ROTARY
aerator, like a Lawnaire IV or V. I remain unconvinced you have ever
owned or even used a Lawnaire 28. The fact that you didn't mention it by
model name and number but only send me a link with a photo of one suggests
that is unlikely that you could even afford one. Anyone can copy a photo
from a web page. If I purchased one for over $10,000+, I would like to
think I would remember the model name and number. My Plugr 400B cost less
than $2000 from http://www.plugr.com/ (Matched price from
http://www.wikco.com/Plugr.html ).

If you really own a vertical aerator (in this case a Lawnaire 28 or
equivalent) then we have little need for further discussion. I am
seriously happy you can afford a Ryan Lawnaire 28 if you own one. Maybe you
can understand why the plugr is better fits my needs. As far as durability
goes only time will tell. I will say this, I can buy more than 5 Plugrs
400's for the price of one Lawnaire 28. At that rate, if a Plugr only lasts
5 years, I will still save money over time even if I buy a brand NEW
machine every five years.

I would only use a RYAN Lawnaire IV or V (for that matter, any other POS
rotary aerator) for my PASTURE. If you want to discuss this subject further
I will be happy to do so, but please discuss FACTS, not OPINIONS.

Dr. J

PS Now if Plugr (or Ryan or Toro) would send me a check, I will be happy
to cash it.

Old 11-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Steveo

"redrover" wrote:
My needs were straightforward

Riiiight. Nym shift and agree with yourself again, loser.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:18 PM
joe

Steveo wrote:
"redrover" wrote:

My needs were straightforward

Riiiight. Nym shift and agree with yourself again, loser.

whats a nym shift?
Old 13-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Jay & Mary Julson

Here are some pictures of holes left by the Plugr.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img_view...erator67fv.jpg

I hope this helps.

"notspike" wrote in message
Jay & Mary Julson wrote:

If you like I can take some pictures and email them to you. It may be a
while as it is raining here in North Dakota and has been for two days.
I can take some pictures of lawns that we did two weeks ago if you like
and you can see for your self. Our soil has a lot of clay so I do not
know the surronding soil damage potential with more sandy type soil.

thanks. if you can post them to the site steveo mentioned that would be
greatly appreciated.

Old 14-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Jay & Mary Julson

Here are some pictures I took of holes left by the Plugr.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img_view...erator67fv.jpg I hope this helps. Jay

Old 15-06-2005, 12:08 AM
joe

Jay & Mary Julson wrote:

Here are some pictures I took of holes left by the Plugr.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img_view...erator67fv.jpg I hope this helps. Jay

clean looking holes, not much peripheral damage as with a rotary areator.
thanks
Old 15-06-2005, 06:08 AM
Steveo

"Jay & Mary Julson" wrote:
Here are some pictures I took of holes left by the Plugr.

OK midco.

Recommendations for plug aerator? [email protected] Lawns 0 14-05-2003 01:44 PM
aerator- plug vs. disc Kelly Lawns 1 05-05-2003 11:56 PM
FS: broadcast spreader & aerator/seeder michelled North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 06:45 PM
aerator- plug vs. disc Kelly Lawns 1 29-09-2002 09:20 AM