Old 09-05-2005, 01:56 AM
James

Default Clutch problem on Snapper Riding Mower

Can someone give me advice on my 25" cut snapper riding mower? Recently I
installed the rubber portion of the clutch ( the old one was shot). I can't
get enough friction with the clutch to go foward. Get this if I sit on the
mower it won't go foward (reverse is fine) but if I stand to the side and
put it in gear it works fine. I have tried cleaning the rubber clutch and
the upper disc with starting fluid but that didn't help. I'm sure someone
out there is familiar with this problem.

Old 09-05-2005, 12:18 PM

i think there is a spring that tensions the rubber disc to the engine
plate, you may want to check the spring or related linkage, alsothe
clutch adjustment. when your foots off the pedal , you should get full
pressure on the disc, if it out of adjustment the pedal may be keeping
the disc from fully contacting..lucas

Old 10-05-2005, 05:39 AM
Chas Hurst

Your problem sounds somewhat like the one I had. The drive disc attachted to
the engine had moved up the shaft and let the rubber tire slip. Moving the
disc back solved the problem.