Old 22-05-2005, 11:34 PM
The alMIGHTY N

Default Dry ground & ants

Last summer, my backyard lawn couldn't stop growing... this year, the
ground has become very dry to the point of cracking up... and now I've
got antholes in numerous locations. The grass has stopped growing in
certain areas due to this change in the ground. Should I just dig up
the whole thing and put new soil and seed down? Would chemical
treatments even be enough to cure a problem like this?

Thanks!

-Nathaniel

Old 23-05-2005, 05:39 AM
JoeT

"The alMIGHTY N" wrote in message
oups.com...
Last summer, my backyard lawn couldn't stop growing... this year, the
ground has become very dry to the point of cracking up... and now I've
got antholes in numerous locations. The grass has stopped growing in
certain areas due to this change in the ground. Should I just dig up
the whole thing and put new soil and seed down? Would chemical
treatments even be enough to cure a problem like this?

Thanks!

-Nathaniel

Dry to the point of cracking sounds like lack of sufficient water and no
chemical is going to help that. Unless there are restrictions imposed due to
drought we water regularly to prevent the ground drying to the point of
cracking and the grass dying back. Is this happening in spite of your
regularly watering the lawn or can you not do so due to restrictions?
Starting over won't do any good if you must rely on mother nature alone to
provide enough water and she isn't.

ants,ants, and more ants, AAAARRRRRRGGGG Paul O. Gardening 9 11-08-2008 08:13 PM
dry dry dry Rosie United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 04:21 AM
ants v Amdro -- ants winning Wayfarer Texas 11 09-04-2003 04:08 PM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 5 29-03-2003 03:32 PM