GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help identifying an entire garden? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/95262-help-identifying-entire-garden.html)

MPost 03-06-2005 02:52 PM

Help identifying an entire garden?

Hi,
A few years ago, I purchased a home formerly owned by an enthusiastic
gardener who planted many beautiful perennials. Unfortunately, the home and
garden then was bought by a family who didn't put nearly as much time and
effort maintaining the garden. When I purchased the home from them, the beds
were completely overgrown and weedy. I am fairly new to perennial gardening
and would like to try to figure out what I have, figure out what are weeds
and what aren't, and start bringing back the garden to something close to
its former glory.

I would be grateful for any help you might be able to provide in identifying
the various inhabitants of my jungle. I've taken pictures and posted them
at:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePh...id=42350249108

Generally, I've tried to take one picture of the plant and its surroundings
so that you can see its growing habit, as well as close-ups of flowers and
leaves. I've also labeled plants that I know the names of...generally, I
only know common names, but if you can provide more specific names, I'd
appreciate the additional information.

I've tried identifying plants using the internet, plant encyclopedias, etc.,
but I find it difficult to do so because of differences in varieties, lack
of detail, and the sheer volume. So, I thought I'd appeal to this group for
help.

Thanks in advance!

Suzy O 04-06-2005 05:10 AM

#28 & 29 (slide 61 & 62), "Random Weed" -- eek! garlic mustard, an awful
invasive that takes over 1/2 shade wild areas in a heartbeat. Pull it and
bag it before it goes it seed!!!!!!!!!

Suzy, Zone 5, Wisconsin