GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How do you spell this? Kind of fertilizer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/95499-how-do-you-spell-kind-fertilizer.html)

No 07-06-2005 07:24 PM

How do you spell this? Kind of fertilizer

Hello - Someone suggested a type of fertilizer for my lawn. I can pronounce
it but cant spell it. It sounds like urea, your-ree-ah. How is it spelled
and what is it?

Thanks!

No 07-06-2005 07:32 PM

Thanks, I found the spelling. "Urea" Now what is it and why would my lawn
need it???
http://www.google.com/search?q=urea%...&sa=N &tab=gw

[email protected] 07-06-2005 08:57 PM

46-0-0 a source of nitrogen.
A synthesized version of the stuff in your urine.
Apply sparingly.

G Henslee 07-06-2005 09:01 PM

No brains wrote:
Thanks, I found the spelling. "Urea" Now what is it and why would my lawn
need it???
http://www.google.com/search?q=urea%...&sa=N &tab=gw

It never occurred to you to look at some of the links on that very page???

No 07-06-2005 09:19 PM

Will do, thanks for your reply. I found it in a scotts liquid. I will use it
for a quick green-up until I get on a regular program.
oups.com...

Steveo 07-06-2005 10:23 PM

"No" wrote:
Hello - Someone suggested a type of fertilizer for my lawn. I can
pronounce it but cant spell it. It sounds like urea, your-ree-ah. How is
it spelled and what is it?

Thanks!

It's lawn candy canes..it will burn it up pronto too.

jamogod 08-06-2005 05:31 AM

If you dont have a fungus in your lawn do NOT apply this. Sounds to me like
someone learned something and took it out of context.
Apply this late, and i mean late, in the season as a winterizer and thats
it. If you want a good fertilizer for your lawn tell us what your needs are,
I'm sure we can help you out.

Jamogod

[email protected] 11-06-2005 04:35 PM

"If you dont have a fungus in your lawn do NOT apply this. Sounds to me
like
someone learned something and took it out of context.
Apply this late, and i mean late, in the season as a winterizer and
thats
it."

So, if he has fungus, it's ok to apply pure nitrogen? High nitrogen
promotes fungus and whether he has it or not, it's a good way to start
a fungus problem or make a small one worse. And the conventional
advice is a winterizer is a balanced product, with less nitrogen than
normal, not pure nitrogen. You could certainly use urea if you happen
to have it as a source of nitrogen, applied carefully, but for most
home applications, there are much better choices.