GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   White Substance on St. Augustine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/95574-white-substance-st-augustine.html)

David R. 08-06-2005 11:42 PM

White Substance on St. Augustine

I noticed this (see links below) on My 7 Week old St. Aug Sod this morning.
The new sod has been doing great so far.
It has rained a lot the last week here. Sod get sun filtered through trees.
I had put down cornmeal 2 weeks ago to help prevent fungus.

Anyone know what this is? It feels like a marshmellow and comes right off if
I pull on it. Some of the leaves are turning yellow and have spots.

If this is a fungus what should I do? Thanks for your help.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2..._Closeup_2.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...pic/St_Aug.jpg