Old 12-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Rolland Everitt

Better let him eat the lunch first.

"Tellmeaboutit" wrote in message
news:KkY2f.10021$y_1.7215@edtnps89...
Drive around town until you find a guy standing on the street asking for
money. Tell him to get in, you have a job for him to do. Get him to do
it, then feed him lunch.

"Frank Rosenbaum" wrote in message
I presume that the deck is at or near ground level.

Can you stick something stiff down between the boards and move it to a
place where you can reach it?
Piano wire is very stiff in the larger sizes. Even a piece of lattice or
one of those driveway reflector posts.

Now that I'v had my say, I am new to the group searching for an answer to
my sod delema.
I'll continue my search.

Thanks.

"Alan" wrote in message
Hi,

Hope someone can help.

I have a dead raccoon trapped under my deck. Problem is that it is in a
location I can't reach unless I tear the deck apart. I have no problem
letting it decompose naturally but the stench is bad and I am worried
about
disease.

I can see it through the cracks in the deck and can pour liquid or
powder
(maybe) on the carcass.

Any suggestions as to what I can do would be greatly appreciated as I am
trying to avoid tearing
apart the deck.

Thanks.

Alan

Old 12-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Rolland Everitt

Personally, I would just leave it to decompose. The worst of the stench
should be gone in a couple of weeks.

I wouldn't touch it--it may have died of rabies.

"Rich Greenberg" wrote in message
"Alan" wrote in message
Hi,

Hope someone can help.

I have a dead raccoon trapped under my deck. Problem is that it is in
location I can't reach unless I tear the deck apart. I have no
problem
letting it decompose naturally but the stench is bad and I am worried
about
disease.

I can see it through the cracks in the deck and can pour liquid or
powder
(maybe) on the carcass.

Any suggestions as to what I can do would be greatly appreciated as I
am
trying to avoid tearing
apart the deck.

Thanks.

Alan

I have a tool that is handy for such tasks. I took the 10' fiberglass
pole from a bicycle flag, removed the flag, and hose clamped a hook made
of some brass rod (approx 1/8") to the end. Allows me to reach into
lots of places.

--
Rich Greenberg Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321
6507

Old 16-10-2005, 06:42 AM
mm

Default Dead Raccoon Trapped Under Deck -- What to Do?

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:47:55 -0400, mm
wrote:

Hi,

Hope someone can help.

I have a dead raccoon trapped under my deck. Problem is that it is in a
location I can't reach unless I tear the deck apart. I have no problem
letting it decompose naturally but the stench is bad and I am worried
about
disease.

Personally I don't think it will cause disease. Depressing topic but
someone on the news pointed out that the dead bodies from Katrina
wouldn't cause disease even if they weren't buried quickly.

To reply to my own post, it was after the tsunami in the far east that
I heard some scientist on the radio say this. Then I heard someone
repeat it after Katrina, that people killed by other than communicable
disease are not a health hazard (for quite a while?)

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

Old 17-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Goedjn

To reply to my own post, it was after the tsunami in the far
east that
I heard some scientist on the radio say this. Then I heard
someone
repeat it after Katrina, that people killed by other than
communicable
disease are not a health hazard (for quite a while?)

No more so than any other rotting carcass, no.
They are, however demoralizing, so it's best to
get them removed from the vicinity of the
emotionally traumatized as quickly as possible.

And the longer you wait, the more gross and
disgusting the process is going to be.

Please help ID this fly trapped on an apple-maggot trap cassiope Gardening 0 20-05-2010 06:55 AM
Beer trapped worked a treat for the snails, many thanks col Australia 5 09-09-2007 01:02 PM
Bambi Trapped, Released Daniel B. Martin North Carolina 2 04-02-2005 11:41 PM
Trapped! Arthur United Kingdom 75 07-01-2004 11:10 PM
trapped skunk Hillary Israeli Edible Gardening 25 05-06-2003 09:32 PM