GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Simplicity problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/95855-simplicity-problem.html)

[email protected] 13-06-2005 09:09 PM

Simplicity problem

Hi,
I just purchased a new Simplicity Broadmoor 16 hp/38" cut
riding lawn mower. I chose Simplicity because my last one lasted 20+
years.
I've cut with it 7 times and the drive belt has jumped off
twice. The dealer couldn't find anything wrong the first time and it's
going in for the second time. Anyone have a similar experience or
guesses ?

GrtArtiste 13-06-2005 11:06 PM

Sounds like something (a pulley?) is not keeping proper tension on the
belt. You could also have them compare this belt with another...are
they exactly the same belt? I wouldn't think it likely that a new
machine would have the wrong belt, but stranger things have happened.

Srgnt Billko 14-06-2005 01:00 AM

wrote in message
Hi,
I just purchased a new Simplicity Broadmoor 16 hp/38" cut
riding lawn mower. I chose Simplicity because my last one lasted 20+
years.
I've cut with it 7 times and the drive belt has jumped off
twice. The dealer couldn't find anything wrong the first time and it's
going in for the second time. Anyone have a similar experience or
guesses ?

Dealer couldn't find anything wrong ? So the dealer is telling you that is
normal for a new machine ? I'd ask for my money back and go someplace else
to buy. That should NOT happen.