GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sunflowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/95961-sunflowers.html)

Road Runner 15-06-2005 08:38 PM

Sunflowers

Hi,
I have a question please.
I recently bought two potted sunflower plants. This is the first time I
have ever seen potted sunflowers. They have always been just in the seed
form before. These have several flowers on each of the stems.
The name on the tag calls them;
Helianthus annus Ballad
Very little information was given on the card that came with them. Can
anyone tell me if these are annuals or perennials? I sure hope they will
come back again next year. All the information seemed to say is that they
require a lot of water. Any information will be very much appreciated.
Thanks so much in advance to any answers. Sandy

Mel M Kelly 15-06-2005 10:12 PM

I would say you could save the seed and plant them in a pot next year
but that is about it.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley