GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Malard Ducks (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/96660-malard-ducks.html)

Road Runner 29-06-2005 10:33 PM

Malard Ducks

Where we live, there are about 40 or so malard ducks that like to come to
our yard about three times a day. We have a bird feeder and at first they
used to like to eat the bird seed that the birds kicked out of the feeder.

But now, they have become a real nucence by digging around the area the bird
feeder is located. We tried moving the bird feeder, but now the ducks are
digging up the ground in both places. We have tried black pepper and hot
peppers to discourage the ducks. Nothing seems to help and they are ruining
our lawn. We have taken down the bird feeder and still the ducks come
several times a day. PLEASE! does anyone have a suggestion of how to get
rid of these ducks? Sandy

Oscar_Lives 30-06-2005 02:54 AM

"Road Runner" wrote in message
m...
Where we live, there are about 40 or so malard ducks that like to come to
our yard about three times a day. We have a bird feeder and at first they
used to like to eat the bird seed that the birds kicked out of the feeder.

But now, they have become a real nucence by digging around the area the
bird feeder is located. We tried moving the bird feeder, but now the
ducks are digging up the ground in both places. We have tried black
pepper and hot peppers to discourage the ducks. Nothing seems to help and
they are ruining our lawn. We have taken down the bird feeder and still
the ducks come several times a day. PLEASE! does anyone have a suggestion
of how to get rid of these ducks? Sandy

12-Gauge Mossberg works good for me.

Pagan 30-06-2005 05:33 AM

"Road Runner" wrote in message
m...
Where we live, there are about 40 or so malard ducks that like to come to
our yard about three times a day. We have a bird feeder and at first they
used to like to eat the bird seed that the birds kicked out of the feeder.

But now, they have become a real nucence by digging around the area the

bird
feeder is located. We tried moving the bird feeder, but now the ducks are
digging up the ground in both places. We have tried black pepper and hot
peppers to discourage the ducks. Nothing seems to help and they are

ruining
our lawn. We have taken down the bird feeder and still the ducks come
several times a day. PLEASE! does anyone have a suggestion of how to get
rid of these ducks? Sandy

How about a dog?

Pagan

- Tom - 30-06-2005 06:28 PM

"Road Runner" wrote in message
m...
Where we live, there are about 40 or so malard ducks that like to come to
our yard about three times a day. We have a bird feeder and at first they
used to like to eat the bird seed that the birds kicked out of the feeder.

But now, they have become a real nucence by digging around the area the
bird feeder is located. We tried moving the bird feeder, but now the
ducks are digging up the ground in both places. We have tried black
pepper and hot peppers to discourage the ducks. Nothing seems to help and
they are ruining our lawn. We have taken down the bird feeder and still
the ducks come several times a day. PLEASE! does anyone have a suggestion
of how to get rid of these ducks? Sandy

Three times a day sounds like mealtime. Kill the bugs they're eating and
they'll go elsewhere. I'd try Malathion since I have it on hand. Heck, just
the smell of Malathion would keep *me* away.
I'd probably try snake decoys, fireworks, staked wires or strings six or
so inches above the ground, coils of monofilament fishing line, recorded dog
barks...

--
Tom

Chas Hurst 04-07-2005 04:45 AM

"Road Runner" wrote in message
m...
Where we live, there are about 40 or so malard ducks that like to come to
our yard about three times a day. We have a bird feeder and at first they
used to like to eat the bird seed that the birds kicked out of the feeder.

But now, they have become a real nucence by digging around the area the

bird
feeder is located. We tried moving the bird feeder, but now the ducks are
digging up the ground in both places. We have tried black pepper and hot
peppers to discourage the ducks. Nothing seems to help and they are

ruining
our lawn. We have taken down the bird feeder and still the ducks come
several times a day. PLEASE! does anyone have a suggestion of how to get
rid of these ducks? Sandy

I'd call the local Chinese restaurant. They have a wonderfull way with
ducks.