Old 29-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Jim Desrosiers

Default McCulloch 285 BCS Eager Beaver string trimmer diagram?

Does anybody have an exploded diagram of this God-forsaken piece of crap?
I'd like to open this sucker up without breaking it to get at the clutch,
I'm very certain that the clutch is the problem but I have no idea how the
Hell to get at it.

If all else fails, I'll shatter this piece of &#!t and have photos for the
next guy. needless to say, this is the last time I buy anything from
McCulloch.

Old 30-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Srgnt Billko

"Jim Desrosiers" wrote in message
Does anybody have an exploded diagram of this God-forsaken piece of crap?
I'd like to open this sucker up without breaking it to get at the clutch,
I'm very certain that the clutch is the problem but I have no idea how the
Hell to get at it.

If all else fails, I'll shatter this piece of &#!t and have photos for the
next guy. needless to say, this is the last time I buy anything from
McCulloch.

Fear not - I understand that McCulloch no longer makes string trimmers.

Old 01-07-2005, 01:48 AM
Jim Desrosiers

Here's the official word from McCulloch . . . just in case you ever want to
buy from them:

Response (Support Staff) 06/30/2005 12:10 PM
This McCulloch product is not supported by MTD.
Please contact Jenn Feng Industrial Co., Ltd. (see answer link below)
for service and support of this product.
Title: McCulloch Corporation Bankruptcy and Business Asset Sale
Information

Sounds like they went "belly up" actually.

Thanks for the info.