GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/96811-ants.html)

Rick 02-07-2005 09:09 PM

Ants

My lawn is full of ants. Cannt stand on the lawn or ants are crawling all
over your feet. How do I get rid of them?
Thanks

Frank Knight 03-07-2005 01:39 AM

Around here we have fire ants and I use fire ant killer. Amdro makes ant
insecticide you can spread over your lawn if you want.

Bluegoose 03-07-2005 01:06 PM

Hi,
I use SpectracideŽ TriazicideŽ Soil & Turf Insect Killer Concentrate.
Also, SpectracideŽ TriazicideŽ Soil & Turf Insect Killer Granules.
I don't work for these people but check out the following web site:

http://www.spectracide.com/

Michael 04-07-2005 01:00 PM

I have tried almost everything on the market in the past and the only
thing that I have found to work consistently and effectively is Over
'N Out made by Sevin. I have been using it for 3 years now. What got
my attention was it's Money back Guarrantee! When I first bought it, I
remember I kept my reciept and the bag to put them to the test. It's a
one application Season long treatment. You only put in on once a year
and it's guarranteed to keep your yard ant free for the entire year!
You apply it with a broadcast spreader. I use the Scotts hand held
spreader and it works great! Then you just water it in and your done!
The only thing is it's $20.00 dollars a bag for 5,000 sq.ft. So it
takes me 2 bags, but I was spending about that on all the spot
treatment products before and all the ants would do is get up and move
over a couple feet with a new mound. Good Luck! Michael