GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Trimming back cucumber blossoms? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/96838-trimming-back-cucumber-blossoms.html)

[email protected] 03-07-2005 07:07 PM

Trimming back cucumber blossoms?

My cucumber plants are blossoming too early and I want to pinch them
back. Do I remove just the yellow flower, or the cucumber-like part
it is attached to as well?

SVTKate 03-07-2005 07:50 PM

Too early?
Why do you say that?

Ours are producing like crazy here in Tennessee.

I would suppose that you would need to take the whole thing because the part
that looks like a cucumber probabaly IS a cucumber!

Kate

G Henslee 04-07-2005 06:25 AM

wrote:
My cucumber plants are blossoming too early and I want to pinch them
back. Do I remove just the yellow flower, or the cucumber-like part
it is attached to as well?

Early? If they're early some of the blossoms will drop. Forget about it.