GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Utility Box Cover (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/96897-utility-box-cover.html)

davidp 04-07-2005 04:31 PM

Utility Box Cover

I would like to build a faux stone cover for two utility boxes (phone box
and cable box) in my front yard. I saw they sell these online - but they are
very expensive and not the ideal sizes I need.

I thought about building a wire frame and covering it with some kind of
plastic resin material, then spraying it with stone speckle paint - but
specific directions or recommendations would be very appreciated.

I'll most likely plant small bushes around it when complete.

G Henslee 04-07-2005 04:42 PM

davidp wrote:
I would like to build a faux stone cover for two utility boxes (phone box
and cable box) in my front yard. I saw they sell these online - but they are
very expensive and not the ideal sizes I need.

I thought about building a wire frame and covering it with some kind of
plastic resin material, then spraying it with stone speckle paint - but
specific directions or recommendations would be very appreciated.

I'll most likely plant small bushes around it when complete.

Better talk to the utility company(s) before you do any of that.