GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Adjusting LT Brakes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/97268-adjusting-lt-brakes.html)

Ralph D. 11-07-2005 10:56 PM

Adjusting LT Brakes

Hello,

I have an older Craftsmen LT 12/38 6 speed, 917.254240.

I cannot seem to adjust the brakes on this thing. I see the adjuster on the
brake rod, but when I adjust it all I can do is change the clutch adjustment
but not the brakes. I did have a little brake left earlier this year, but I
have none now... and on my terrain that is not a good thing at all.

Is there another adjustment on the transaxle or somewhere?

Thanks in advance.