GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Scott the ripoff, lawn creeps. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/97502-scott-ripoff-lawn-creeps.html)

Mark Mitchell 16-07-2005 10:01 PM

Scott the ripoff, lawn creeps.

Scott's decision of my sod replacement:

They announced the same day to stockholders that several cost cutting
measures were put in place to keep their earnings from being so low.

Did you know those are just franchises?

Who would pay $65,000. to have the honor of working with crooks, creeps, and
sluts, I mean slugs.

Then you have to buy their trucks, sorry chemicals, and feel good about
killing others lawns.

I would rather just admit to and start robbing crippled people.

Doug Kanter 18-07-2005 03:37 PM

"Mark Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
Scott's decision of my sod replacement:

They announced the same day to stockholders that several cost cutting
measures were put in place to keep their earnings from being so low.

Did you know those are just franchises?

Who would pay $65,000. to have the honor of working with crooks, creeps,
and
sluts, I mean slugs.

Then you have to buy their trucks, sorry chemicals, and feel good about
killing others lawns.

I would rather just admit to and start robbing crippled people.

Your email is going to be swamped with junk mail if you keep posting it in
the newsgroups. Very bad idea. Use a "throwaway" email address from Hotmail,
Yahoo, etc.

Back to your question: There's a market for everything, including
unnecessary lawn chemicals. Scott's going to be around for a long time.

Steveo 21-07-2005 12:41 AM

"Mark Mitchell" wrote:
I hear you Doug. Most everyone tries to better their lawn nomatter what
the real cost is.

Doug Kanter controls his turf pests with a ph adjustment, iirc. He will
-not- share the recipe tho.

YMMV

Doug Kanter 21-07-2005 01:52 AM

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Mark Mitchell" wrote:
I hear you Doug. Most everyone tries to better their lawn nomatter what
the real cost is.

Doug Kanter controls his turf pests with a ph adjustment, iirc. He will
-not- share the recipe tho.

YMMV

Lime, moron. And lawn food without anything else in it. You want this
written in bigger letters?

The Primate 24-07-2005 12:30 AM

"Mark Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
Scott's decision of my sod replacement:

They announced the same day to stockholders that several cost cutting
measures were put in place to keep their earnings from being so low.

Did you know those are just franchises?

Who would pay $65,000. to have the honor of working with crooks, creeps,
and
sluts, I mean slugs.

Then you have to buy their trucks, sorry chemicals, and feel good about
killing others lawns.

I would rather just admit to and start robbing crippled people.

I am just getting into lawn care myself after having "The Weedman" do my
lawn every summer. I don't too good about the pricey services they
provided. They provided absolutly no good information on the problems my
lawn was having, ie Moss, bare spots, etc. Luckily we hired someone at work
knowledgeable about lawn care, that along with reading on the Net has made a
great difference to my lawn which has suffered badly over a few hot summers.

AP

Mark Mitchell 24-07-2005 06:26 AM

From Mark, original poster about Scott's

We have two main companies in Georgia, Scott's and Trugreen. Both are in the
same category, trunk slammers. They whiz by unexpectedly and whiz something
onto your lawn and then whiz you on the billing. Someone in the group
suggested I buy the equipment and go into business myself but that's a tough
business practice to follow up on. I commend you on the homebrew concept and
I have looked into it also.

I like Northern Tool, they have the sprayer system complete with 250 gallon
tank, two hoses and reels, pumps, and everything you need for about $2,000.
I'm looking into a sprayer that is about half of that, I have 1 1/4 acre
lawn. Send any tips you get to me for Bermuda lawns, I will be sod and
seeding after extensive fill dirt and soil replacement next year.

My options are to buy Bobcat type excavator machine, sprayer, and etc. to
make my lawn good again. That way I won't need any weed and feed cowboys
fresh from prison release or crack heads spraying who knows what on my lawn.
I'm not going into business but will help my neighbors that have similar
stories about the Irish Travelers, Scott's.

Good luck, where are you located and what turf do you have?

Steveo 24-07-2005 11:35 AM

"Mark Mitchell" wrote:
My options are to buy Bobcat type excavator machine, sprayer, and etc. to
make my lawn good again.

Brilliant.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

jasonstonne 28-03-2011 06:33 PM

We accept two capital companies in Georgia, Scott's and Trugreen. Both are in the same category, block slammers. They adept by accidentally and adept something onto your backyard and again adept you on the billing. Someone in the group suggested I buy the accessories and go into business myself but that's a tough business convenance to chase up on.

jammyhoww 22-04-2011 11:19 PM

Meanwhile, it's the amiss affair to abound in abounding locations of the country. But, it's a attitude brought actuality by the British about 300 years ago, and it's never gone away.