Old 18-07-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Japanese Beetles - Help

Lots and lots of beetles this year. Local stores are out of the
insecticides. Is there anything "home grown" that I can spray on my trees?

Old 18-07-2005, 03:24 AM
QUIRT EVANS

liquid seven will get them , ive heard some guys spraying soapy
water to get them to leave

Old 18-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Steveo

Lots and lots of beetles this year. Local stores are out of the
insecticides. Is there anything "home grown" that I can spray on my
trees?

Dunno about that but now is the time to apply a grub prevention application
to protect your lawn from their larvae this fall. (grubs)
Old 19-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Lots and lots of beetles this year. Local stores are out of the
insecticides. Is there anything "home grown" that I can spray on my trees?

Local lawn services can spray your trees. I have 3 lindens that the
beetles attack. They sprayed them for $45. The commercial spray
lasts about a month, depending on rain (of which we have none), which
is long enough to cover the beetles' cycle.

The over-the-counter stuff only lasts about a week, and has to be
re-applied.

Whatever you do, DON'T get those stupid Bag-a-Bug things. They will
attract beeltes from miles around. I can't believe there are still
people who don't get that.
Old 19-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Helen

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2001.html

wrote in message =
|=20
|=20
| Lots and lots of beetles this year. Local stores are out of the
| insecticides. Is there anything "home grown" that I can spray on my =
trees?

|=20
| Local lawn services can spray your trees. I have 3 lindens that the
| beetles attack. They sprayed them for $45. The commercial spray
| lasts about a month, depending on rain (of which we have none), which
| is long enough to cover the beetles' cycle.
|=20
| The over-the-counter stuff only lasts about a week, and has to be
| re-applied.
|=20

Old 29-07-2005, 12:11 AM
FarmersDaughter

If anyone is having problems with Japanese Beetles, please PM me and I
can give you tips on their control. I have had a lot of experience with
the buggers from childhood up until now. I was raised on a farm and we
also had a nursery and u-pick. Worst thing-it is an introduced
species!

Fall is going to be the time for preventative measures to diminish them
so the grubs won't hatch out and get you come next summer. Actually,
it's impossible to completely rid ourselves of them, but you can cut
the amount down to a manageable amount. Don't use the TRAPS! They
attract every beetle from miles around into your yard.

Good Luck!

--
FarmersDaughter
FarmersDaughter's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=40

Old 27-11-2005, 09:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Buck B. Nekkid

FarmersDaughter wrote in
:

-
FarmersDaughter's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=4
View this thread: http://www.homeplot.com/showthread.php?t=5604

I'd love some tips, as I'm looking for better methods than last year's.
They usually go mostly for my Catawba Crape Myrtles and Wisteria.

-Matt
Old 29-11-2005, 03:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mel M Kelly

Buy some beetle traps and give them to your neighbors.!!!!!!

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 30-11-2005, 12:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

(Mel M Kelly) wrote:
Buy some beetle traps and give them to your neighbors.!!!!!!

That's the only thing those traps are good for!