Old 22-07-2005, 01:36 AM
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Default Someone was asking about weedeater attachments...

It drove me nuts at the time that I couldn't remember the name, but I
just saw the commercial again.

It's called the Grass Samurai.
http://www.grasssamurai.com/custompage.asp?page=1

I'd be interested to know how it works.

Here's what threw me off:
"If your cutting swords ever wear out, we'll send you
replacements...FREE."

But they include 24 of them in the kit. So if they don't wear out,
wouldn't I just need 3?
Old 22-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Timothy

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 00:36:01 +0000, wrote:

It drove me nuts at the time that I couldn't remember the name, but I just
saw the commercial again.

It's called the Grass Samurai.
http://www.grasssamurai.com/custompage.asp?page=1

I'd be interested to know how it works.

Here's what threw me off:
"If your cutting swords ever wear out, we'll send you
replacements...FREE."

But they include 24 of them in the kit. So if they don't wear out,
wouldn't I just need 3?

Ummm, 'cause it's crap..? I wouldn't dare buy something like this due to
the lack of customers' ability to purchase the re-fills in some local
manner. I would suspect that the "free replacements" really arn't free.
They'll tag on some crazy shipping/handeling fee to make up the difference.

I would suggest that you look for a fixed head for your trimmer. You
should be able to find a fixed head for most all trimmer makers. A fixed
head with .155 string will last a home owner user for a long time.
Reloading is very easy and the .155 string is cheap also.
Good luck.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com
Old 22-07-2005, 06:01 PM
willshak

On 7/22/2005 12:39 PM US(ET), Timothy took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

[...]

I bought one for my Homelite gas trimmer in Lowes a week ago. Same
has two blades. Says it holds .080 to .105 diameter line. I have a roll
of trimmer line that I can cut into 8" pieces for replacements.
Arnold "KwikLoader". $20. Claims to fit most major brand trimmers. Has
a load of extra adapters, bolts, and nuts for different brands.

--
Bill
Old 22-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Timothy

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:01:59 -0400, willshak wrote:

I bought one for my Homelite gas trimmer in Lowes a week ago. Same
has two blades. Says it holds .080 to .105 diameter line. I have a roll of
trimmer line that I can cut into 8" pieces for replacements. Arnold
"KwikLoader". $20. Claims to fit most major brand trimmers. Has a load of
extra adapters, bolts, and nuts for different brands.

The KwikLoader company makes the Samurai. Look at the bottom of the
Samurai web page.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com
Old 22-07-2005, 08:08 PM
willshak

On 7/22/2005 1:52 PM US(ET), Timothy took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:01:59 -0400, willshak wrote:

I bought one for my Homelite gas trimmer in Lowes a week ago. Same
has two blades. Says it holds .080 to .105 diameter line. I have a roll of
trimmer line that I can cut into 8" pieces for replacements. Arnold
"KwikLoader". $20. Claims to fit most major brand trimmers. Has a load of
extra adapters, bolts, and nuts for different brands.

The KwikLoader company makes the Samurai. Look at the bottom of the
Samurai web page.

I saw that, but this head's package said "Arnold" as the manufacturer
and KwikLoader as the brand name. I Googled a lot of combinations and
could not find neither an Arnold site nor a KwikLoader site. On one
store page I saw the Kwikloader I have with the name 'Oregon' as the
manufacturer. It could be the same but I didn't want to take a chance
and assume it was the same manufacturer. The one in Lowes says Arnold.

--
Bill

Old 23-07-2005, 01:47 AM
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Arnold "KwikLoader". $20.

That's what I need. I have the kind where you have to bend the piece
of line into a U shape, thread it through, then bend each have back
again and out another hole. So that each single piece of line gives
you two lines sticking out. It's a pain, especially since you have
to dig all the grass out to get to the holes.

With this Kikloader, how does it "grab" the string to keep it in
place?

Old 29-07-2005, 09:28 PM
The Newmanium

Thanks! I didn't ask, but I was looking for this.

--
The Newmanium

'Conservative Consortium . Com The connection for Republicans and
Conservatives Join today!!!' (http://www.conservativeconsortium.com)
The Newmanium's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=42
View this thread: http://www.homeplot.com/showthread.php?t=56220

Old 30-07-2005, 02:56 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:28:27 -0400, The Newmanium
wrote:

(http://www.conservativeconsortium.com)

LOL a consortium of three registered users....
Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold
Old 07-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshak

The KwikLoader company makes the Samurai. Look at the bottom of the
Samurai web page.
[/i][/color]

I saw that, but this head's package said "Arnold" as the manufacturer
and KwikLoader as the brand name. I Googled a lot of combinations and
could not find neither an Arnold site nor a KwikLoader site. On one
store page I saw the Kwikloader I have with the name 'Oregon' as the
manufacturer. It could be the same but I didn't want to take a chance
and assume it was the same manufacturer. The one in Lowes says Arnold.

--
Bill
I'd seen the TV Ad also & thought it seemed a little too good to be true. However after fighting with the spool on my trimmer three times yesterday & having it "break" (need a part or two) I decided I'd give one a try. Coincidently, I found it for sale at Home Depot. [BTW: it's made by Kwik Products, Inc. - not KwikLoader]. Pretty simple install & it works great. It was cheaper at Home Depot than on TV, but only came with 6 "blades" instead of 24. Also didn't have the "free" replacement blade offer. The "fine print" in the TV ad says there's a ~$9.95 S/H charge for them, so not too free (and I don't remember if it said how many were included). Their site offers 100 refill blades for $24.95. I didn't notice if Home Depot sells refills for this unit, but I'll check next time I'm in.

I think the solution mentioned of getting heavy replacement line & cutting your own replacements seems like the least expensive way to go 'cause $25 for just 60" of line cut to 6'' pieces is a bit much!

Hope this helps.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo123
[...]

After writing the above post reply, I got to thinking about what might work in this head. I tried some of my old line (2.4mm vs 3.4mm for the "blades") and found that it was held in place fine. I think the heavier line will last longer, but this will enable me to use up the line I already have. An unexpected bene!

Anyone use the Weedeater ONE mower? [email protected] Lawns 0 17-06-2011 07:48 PM
cordless weedeater Chet Gardening 7 03-06-2010 09:01 PM
weedeater question Phyllis Stone Gardening 0 08-07-2008 11:28 AM
lOOKING FOR A WEEDEATER MANUAL Don Kaminska Lawns 3 01-06-2004 12:08 PM
BamuBrasil.org - New Portal for bamboo information in Brazil, asking for volunteers Jo?o Paulo Freire Paglione Bamboo 4 31-10-2003 12:12 PM