GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Web site for landscape plant selection? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/97790-web-site-landscape-plant-selection.html)

23-07-2005 01:16 AM

Web site for landscape plant selection?

Anyone know of a good online source for landscape plant selection? I have
to believe there's a site somewhere where you can enter your zone and then
some other attributes of the plants you're after (full sun, growth rate,
mature size, etc.) and it would list plants that fit the criteria.

I R Baboon 01-08-2005 12:12 AM

did you ever find a site like this? if so, can you share?
wrote in message news:G%fEe.43$3p2.4@trndny04...
Anyone know of a good online source for landscape plant selection? I have
to believe there's a site somewhere where you can enter your zone and then
some other attributes of the plants you're after (full sun, growth rate,
mature size, etc.) and it would list plants that fit the criteria.

01-08-2005 01:28 AM

Unfortunately no. If I find one or if someone identifies one for me I will
post it in this group.

Carol 01-08-2005 05:24 AM

Here's one; see below (switching to bottom-posting).

"I R Baboon" wrote in message

did you ever find a site like this? if so, can you share?
wrote in message news:G%fEe.43$3p2.4@trndny04...

Anyone know of a good online source for landscape plant selection? I

have

to believe there's a site somewhere where you can enter your zone and

then

some other attributes of the plants you're after (full sun, growth rate,
mature size, etc.) and it would list plants that fit the criteria.

Here's one for the Upper Midwest, hardiness zones 3, 4, & 5:
http://www.midwestlandscapeplants.org/index.cfm

Carol

Buck B. Nekkid 27-11-2005 09:33 PM

wrote in news:G%fEe.43$3p2.4@trndny04:

Anyone know of a good online source for landscape plant selection? I
have to believe there's a site somewhere where you can enter your zone
and then some other attributes of the plants you're after (full sun,
growth rate, mature size, etc.) and it would list plants that fit the
criteria.

http://www.plantdelights.com

These folks have been a wonderful source for me here in NC.