Old 18-03-2003, 01:20 PM
2batgirl

Default Cheap man's lawn care

Sorry to hear you had a lemon of a company.

--
Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/2batgirl

"Ron B" wrote in message
On 17/03/03 14:23, in article
ers.com, "2batgirl"
wrote:17/03/03 14:23

I have lived in the same place for 12 yrs. The smartest thing I ever did

was
letting a lawn care agency take over for a year. 1 yr! Thats it. Why try

&
fugre out this & that & buy this & get that?? I added it all up.

Fertilizer,
weed killer etc. It was cheaper to let them come in & get the grass on
track. They do the work, there stuff there time. Now my yard is great &

if i
see a something out of place its an easy peasy fix in one tinky winky

spot.
Not the huge mess I started with befor ethey got it.

--
Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/2batgirl
"bill cameron" wrote in message
Just bought a house for the first time. My small lawn has the following
problems

Moss to the max
Broad leaf weeds
Dandilions a small amount
Weed grass a small amount

New home owner on a budget...what should I do the first year, to have a
decent lawn? Thinking power racking with a thatch attachment on the my
lawnmower, then moss kill and repeat. Question. When do I go at the

broad
leaf weeds with local spray, before or after thatching? Weed grass,

just

Let me see...3 full years with Chemlawn and my yard so far looks no better
than it did before I signed up. No Thanks...

I have decided to do it on my own, even if it costs me more money, I

cannot
do any worse. If you ever do signup, you will have many pleading phone
calls asking you to give them another try - even after telling them no

way.

My yard currently looks like crap. The only thing that I can recommend
Chemlawn for is the lack of those yellow pests - everything else is a

great
let down.

My two cents...