Old 06-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Registered User

Location: La Linea, Cadiz, Spain
Unhappy Chilli Plant Problem - Advice Please

The Leaves on my Chilli plants are turning yellow and falling off, starting at the bottom of the plant. This only started happening when I repotted them using a mixture of General Purpose potting soil from a Gardening store and fairly sandy soil with quite high clay content from the local countryside (Mix 50% store bought soil/50% local soil).

I repotted 7 days ago today and I've watered twice, once on potting day and again 3 days later with no feeds or additives. There are no apparent pests on the plants and apprt from the yellowing the plants look great, bear fruit and are continuing to grow.

Please advise asap.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:51 PM
tomatolord

AH sadly nothing lives forever (except turtles)

There are many reasons why leaves die among them

They are the initial leaves and are now shaded by the top leaves - the
plants then kill off leaves that are no longer "working" to put energy into
the top leaves nothing to really worry about.

Peppers do not like fertilizer - they should be grown in dry poor soil whith
a couple of match heads thrown in - they like phosporous.

But I would just pick the leaves and not do anything at this point.

Tomatolord (not pepper lord)

--
sburgess63

Old 07-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Anne Lurie

"apprt from the yellowing the plants look great,
bear fruit and are continuing to grow."

And your complaint is what, exactly?

Anne

Old 07-08-2005, 07:12 AM
Registered User

Location: La Linea, Cadiz, Spain

Hi Anne.
The yellowing and leaf fall is continuing up th plants from the base, so if it continues there wont be any leafs left. Even the leafs at the top of the plant are getting lighter in colour now. I have some chillis that were planted at the same time but in a larger pot so they did not need to be repotted and they are now much darker in colour and are not losing any leafs.

Regards,
Stuart.