Old 30-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Daniel B. Martin

Siouxzi wrote:
A few nights later, some critter (possum or coon) dug up the nest ...

Over the years I have "nuked" at least a dozen in-ground yellowjacket
nests. In every case the destroyed nest was subsequently excavated in
the same manner.

Daniel B. Martin
Old 20-09-2005, 02:40 PM
John

For the full story, see my blog...

http://www.straffin.com/?p=85

- John

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 02:46:54 GMT, John wrote:

Hello all,

I've got a colony of Yellow Jackets residing in the siding of my house
right next to my front door (nice, huh?). All of the sprays I've found
are expecting to be sprayed at an exposed hive, soaking it and killing
the residents. The only one I found to sound at all promising
(supposedly "foamed" to stay in contact longer) failed to do much more
than run down the house really fast. I really don't want to spend $200
- $300 to have someone come out and kill the little nasties, but
reading the labels in the pest control aisle of Lowes is about the
depth of my knowledge on the subject. Anyone have any suggestions?

- John

Help-Yellow Jackets!!! Bonnie Gardening 7 31-08-2005 12:56 AM
Problems with Yellow Jackets kathy Ponds 7 20-07-2005 03:28 PM
Yellow Jackets M&K Lawns 26 08-01-2005 07:36 AM
Yellow jackets hovering over the lawn. Chris McCarty Lawns 4 09-08-2003 12:33 PM
Yellow Jackets Julie Gardening 6 01-05-2003 04:32 PM