GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Searching Where to rent a Slit Seeder for re-seeding my lawn? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/102040-searching-where-rent-slit-seeder-re-seeding-my-lawn.html)

bradesp 30-08-2005 01:05 AM

Searching Where to rent a Slit Seeder for re-seeding my lawn?

Does anyone know where I can rent a slit seeder for re-seeding my lawn
this fall?

Thanks,

bradesp

? 30-08-2005 06:03 PM

On 29 Aug 2005 16:05:43 -0700 in .com bradesp wrote:
Does anyone know where I can rent a slit seeder for re-seeding my lawn
this fall?

This sounds like a seed drill to me.

Local.google.com indicates Blue Star Turf & Garden in Apex and
Triangle Pharmacy True Value in Durham. The latter shows up as a
complaint on broken rental equipment...
--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil

tomatolord 30-08-2005 11:05 PM

all of the rental places should carry them

The question is will any of them have them? since all of the landscapers
rent them as well.

They work quite well.

Tomatolord
"?" wrote in message
rg...
On 29 Aug 2005 16:05:43 -0700 in
.com bradesp

1gtwannab 31-08-2005 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradesp
Does anyone know where I can rent a slit seeder for re-seeding my lawn
this fall?

Thanks,

bradesp

You should check with Holland Rental on Western Blvd. in Raleigh/Cary, just off the beltline. They have good commercial grade seeders that will get the job done right. Lots of landscapers rent from them.

Dieseldog 01-09-2005 02:16 AM

1gtwannab wrote:
|| bradesp Wrote:
||| Does anyone know where I can rent a slit seeder for re-seeding my
||| lawn this fall?
||| Thanks,
||| bradesp
|| You should check with Holland Rental on Western Blvd. in
|| Raleigh/Cary, just off the beltline. They have good commercial
|| grade seeders that will get the job done right. Lots of landscapers
|| rent from them.
|| --
|| 1gtwannab

When you rent one, I recommend that you double check to make sure that the
seeder actually dispenses seeds rather than merely cutting slits in the
ground. The last one we rented would not dispense seeds and we ended up
scattering seeds on the ground and letting the machine run over them.