GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mulch in Durham (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/104655-mulch-durham.html)

bud 14-09-2005 11:23 AM

Mulch in Durham

Does anyone know a good place in Durham for mulch. I just moved here from
Raleigh where I used to do Mulch Masters. I don't think there is one here
in Durham.

--
Rich

Teech 14-09-2005 02:27 PM

Go to the dump.

They've got mulch, compost, topsoil...all VERY cheap. I've been
getting loads of mulch for $6/yard.

http://www.ci.durham.nc.us/departmen...t_facility.cfm

[email protected] 14-09-2005 03:54 PM

What about: any recommendations for finding a pickup to get mulch from the
dump?

I've been taking my little hatchback down and filling boxes and such...
but it would be really nice to be able to bring a big load home and hang
on to it.

Arwen

bud 14-09-2005 08:22 PM

This would be my situation. I don't have a pickup so need it to be
delivered. The dump sounds good but from past experience with Wake county
there was lots of trash in it.. bits of plastic and such.

oups.com...

Teech 15-09-2005 02:20 PM

The mulch that i've been buying from the Durham landfill (been getting
it there for a few years now) has always been a good quality mulch with
absolutely no trash in it at all.

If you can't find a friend who has a truck or trailer you can
borrow...you can contact Sands & Soils. They normally have pretty good
prices and will deliver (for a fee).

Doc Muhlbaier 15-09-2005 06:45 PM

Mulch Masters does come to Durham too. I've seen them in my neighborhood
near Duke.

Doc Muhlbaier
link.net...

John 16-09-2005 02:13 AM

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:23:54 GMT, "bud"
wrote:

Does anyone know a good place in Durham for mulch. I just moved here from
Raleigh where I used to do Mulch Masters. I don't think there is one here
in Durham.

I get 10-12 cubic yards of "new triple-shredded hardwood mulch" from
Cordell Earthworks (in Durham) every year for the past three years.
Haven't been dissatisfied yet...

http://www.cordellearthworks.com/ear...ucts_mulch.htm

The web page for Mulch Masters doesn't mention delivery to Durham:

http://www.themulchmasters.com/delivery.html

- John