Old 16-09-2005, 06:25 AM
vms

Default Organic weed control

Has anyone tried Vinegar as an herbicide for weed control as the
following sources suggest? If you have, where can I get 20% vinegar
either in Durham or the triangle area?

http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/o...829016580.html
http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/pub..._no_115=176571

Thanks.
\vms

Old 16-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Baine Carruthers

Seems to me that you will need a proportial amount of lime applied to the
area to counteract the pH change.

Why not use boiling water? It's pretty much organic and pH neutral unless
you're on a problem well.

Baine

Old 16-09-2005, 04:29 PM
vms

Hmm. It's unfortunate that the folks recommending vinegar don't talk
about the pH change. Boiling water kills weeds? That's news to me. But I
imagine, I would need an awful lot of it?!

Thanks.
\vivek