Old 27-11-2005, 11:42 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Nosmo King

Default Seed catalogs ?

Hi. I would appreciate recommendations on a couple of companies to request
seed catalogs from. I've usually just gotten whatever they have the big box
stores, but would like to try something different this year.

Thanx.
Old 28-11-2005, 05:16 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Javier Henderson

Nosmo King wrote:
Hi. I would appreciate recommendations on a couple of companies to request
seed catalogs from. I've usually just gotten whatever they have the big box
stores, but would like to try something different this year.

I've always had good luck with Burpee's.

http://www.burpees.com/

-jav
Old 28-11-2005, 06:31 PM posted to triangle.gardens
chuckie

Try Park Seeds.
www.parkseeds.com

Old 30-11-2005, 07:01 PM posted to triangle.gardens

On 2005-11-27, Nosmo King wrote:
Hi. I would appreciate recommendations on a couple of companies to request
seed catalogs from. I've usually just gotten whatever they have the big box
stores, but would like to try something different this year.

Thanx.

http://www.territorial-seed.com/stores/1/index.cfm

They seem to have some seeds that burpee and parks don't have.

is a garbage address.
Old 21-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosmo King

I usually use Thompson & Morgan. they have a superb collection of stuff not always listed elsewhere and their website is fab. Try www.thompson-morgan.com

Another site I have just discovered is www.valueseeds.com They seem to have some incredible prices but not such a good selection. Great for stuff you want to experiment with though. everything seems to be below 99c

Old 25-12-2005, 04:15 AM posted to triangle.gardens

Burpee --- http://www.burpee.com/
Jung --- www.jungseed.com
Vesey --- www.veseys.com

All very reliable

Old 03-01-2006, 08:54 PM posted to triangle.gardens
MJC

Is it really better to buy direct than from Lowes/Home Depot ect?
I will be building my retirement Rose Garden this spring, where shoulod I
look for quality Rose Bushes? I am about 100 miles from Raleigh now, down
Clinton / Elizabethtown way.
Thanks in advance,
MJ
wrote in message
ups.com...
Burpee --- http://www.burpee.com/
Jung --- www.jungseed.com
Vesey --- www.veseys.com

All very reliable

Old 04-01-2006, 08:29 AM posted to triangle.gardens
?

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 14:54:57 -0500 in MJC wrote:
Is it really better to buy direct than from Lowes/Home Depot ect?
I will be building my retirement Rose Garden this spring, where shoulod I
look for quality Rose Bushes? I am about 100 miles from Raleigh now, down

Tried Witherspoon off of 15-501?
I think they have a web site/mail order business as well.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil
Old 06-01-2006, 07:59 PM posted to triangle.gardens

As a person who gets great satisfaction from growing roses, my advice,
is that no matter where you buy the rose bushes, choose the most
disease resistant plants. I've bought both from Witherspoon and from
Home Depot. My shrub roses survived really well and that's what I tend
to buy these days. My hybrid teas needed more care and attention than
I could give thus I have been less successful growing those (black
spot, june beetles, aphids, etc).

The cheapest Home Depot roses are $5, on sale every February. I take
inventory of my rose bushes that survived from the previous year and I

As for Witherspoon, wait until their sale (late in the season) to get
some rose bushes for 50% off. They have the most fragrant roses you
could want.

I wish you luck with your roses!

MJC wrote:
Is it really better to buy direct than from Lowes/Home Depot ect?
I will be building my retirement Rose Garden this spring, where shoulod I
look for quality Rose Bushes? I am about 100 miles from Raleigh now, down
Clinton / Elizabethtown way.
Thanks in advance,
MJ
wrote in message