Old 26-12-2005, 02:44 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Mouse

Default Another shrub to ID

I have been to lots of web pages, but I can't seem to find the name of
this shrub! It produces LONG branches that are covered with loads of
bright orange berries in October. I've seen them by some highways and
in some yards. I stopped by one house to ask about it (the owner
wasn't home) and I noticed that the branches had something like long
thorns on them, as well. It's beautiful, and I think there's a spot on
the lot I just bought that it would love, if I could just find out what
it is!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Melissa "Mouse" Wilkins

Old 26-12-2005, 05:19 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Raleighgirl

Quince? It has nice pink flowers in spring.
Jw
oups.com...

Old 26-12-2005, 01:44 PM posted to triangle.gardens
bud

More like pyrocantha. Berries can be orange ranging to a dark red. I've
seen birds eat the berries in late winter and get drunk or they appear to be
drunk.

oups.com...

Old 26-12-2005, 08:46 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Anne Lurie

Melissa,

I think you are referring to pyracantha. I have admired the berries also,
but I have never grown it. It can be very thorn to deal with (or so I am
told), so you might want to plant it in a location away from paths, walks,
etc.

Anne

oups.com...

Old 01-01-2006, 06:03 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Donna Maroni

"Mouse" wrote in message
.... I can't seem to find the name of | this
shrub! It produces LONG branches that are covered with loads of |
bright orange berries in October.

Pyracantha?

http://www.cnr.vt.edu/dendro/dendrol...eet.cfm?ID=393

Another shrub ID Christina Websell United Kingdom 3 06-10-2011 08:11 AM
Another Mystery Plant (Shrub) ID Please? Ian B[_2_] United Kingdom 11 03-05-2010 11:56 AM
another mystery shrub Dawn Gardening 6 14-04-2004 12:02 AM
Help with ID of another tree / shrub Kay Easton United Kingdom 0 08-03-2004 09:38 PM
shrub Honeysuckle Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 0 27-10-2003 02:42 PM