Old 28-12-2005, 01:49 AM posted to triangle.gardens,triangle.forsale
laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)

Default Free - U Dig/Haul, Bioenriched soil amendments

I use pine shavings on the floor of the chicken house to keep the place a
little cleaner. It's dry and aged, but not composted per se. Twice a year,
it's shoveled out and replaced with fresh pine shavings.

Since I have lots of hens, the shavings are "bioenriched" by organic chicken
poop from well-fed, spoiled chickens, most of it is well aged, and it is
constantly turned. The shavings are great for improving the texture of your
soil, and the poultry "donations", being high in nitrogen, nicely balance
out the amount of nitrogen the wood needs to finish breaking down in the
soil.

Due to a family crisis, I didn't get it done in October or November, so it
is overdue. Out with the old, in with the new!

Being handicapped and no longer able to dig, I am offering it free to anyone
who will come over and dig it up and haul it away (preferably someone who
will take all of it, since I'd like to put the new shavings down the same
day).

Volume: It ranges from 2-6 inches deep in a 20x15 covered space. I can put
the girls in another pen to prevent escapees (or chickens on your shoulder,
some are quite friendly).

Last time someone took me up on this, they RAVED about how good it was for
their garden. It pretty much filled the back of their medium-sized pickup
with a full length bed.

Home all week this week, or on the weekend. Dig NOW and spread it on the
garden this month, and it will be PERFECT by planting time (coming soon!)

laurie (Mother Mastiff) 6612244