Old 30-03-2003, 06:08 PM

Default Electric mowers

In article ink.net, Elizabeth wrote:
Hi all,

I've been using a Toro electric mower for about 5 years now. The thing works
great and has never needed any maintenance whatsoever. The only problem is
that it's not self-propelled, and it's pretty heavy. When I was looking to
buy one, the only self-propelled one available in this area was the
Black&Decker, and it was rated pretty low in Consumer Reports. I tried to
find the Ryobi one, but none of the local dealers carried it.

Is anyone else out there an electric mower aficionado, and do you know of
any new self-propelled electrics on the market? If only more people wanted
to use them, then maybe they'd start making more of them. They are great for
small lawns. I wish more of my neighbors used them, especially the ones who
crank up their noisy gas mowers at 8:00 am on a Saturday morning....

We have a B&D but it is not self propelled, but not too heavy for us at
least. Now
Country Home Products sells what I have heard is the lightest, but it
only cuts like a 14 inch path. www.countryhomeproducts.com And it is
not self propelled. It does have are removable battery though so you
can keep mowing. I have heard it is so light that you don't really need
it to be self propelled.

Just remember a self propelled one is going to use up as much energy
moving as it does mowing.
Elizabeth

--
Wes Dukes (wdukesNOatSPAMpoboxdotcom)

Electric lawn mowers: do they cut it? feRRets_inc Gardening 10 01-03-2004 05:42 PM
Electric lawn mowers: do they cut it? feRRets_inc Australia 6 29-02-2004 01:42 AM
Electric lawn mowers: do they cut it? feRRets_inc Lawns 0 28-02-2004 01:03 PM
Electric Lawn Mowers solex Lawns 8 15-05-2003 10:44 PM
Electric mowers Elizabeth North Carolina 1 01-05-2003 06:46 PM