GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   name that flower ! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/14002-name-flower.html)

[email protected] 06-04-2003 08:08 PM

name that flower !

This is an annual that I was given last year. It's not in any of my seed
catalogs that I can tell. The stuff in the background is Astilbe, that
know. But what is this thing with mint-like leaves and viola-like blue
and
purple flowers??
Help!
thanks,
Lee

http://home.att.net/~slither/namethatflower.jpg

David 07-04-2003 12:08 AM

name that flower !

Torenia - clown mix

Anne Lurie 07-04-2003 06:21 PM

name that flower !

Wow, Baine! You must really know your plants!

Out of curiosity, I googled for pictures of Torenia -- interestingly, most
of them seem to be in Japan -- here's one that you might find interesting:
http://www2.big.or.jp/~mick/diy/hana/torenia.jpg

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"Baine Carruthers" wrote in message
. ..
Looks like torenia.

--
Baine

Penny Morgan 07-04-2003 06:44 PM

name that flower !

That's Clown Mix Torenia. They thrive in shady conditions and are upright
and bushy. There is also another Torenia that trails out of baskets that
does well in shady spots. Those flowers are a beautiful blue color and
similar in it's bell shape flower.

Penny