Old 01-04-2006, 03:24 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Elizabeth

Default Strawberry farm recommendation?

Hi,

Does anyone have a recommendation for one of the pick-your-own strawberry
farms? Not too far from Raleigh/Cary/Morrisville area is preferred. And are
any open yet?

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Old 01-04-2006, 05:02 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Al & Glenda

We have found that Phillips has always had the best strawberries in very
clean picking conditions. Call to find out when they will be ready.

a.. Phillips Strawberries - Cabbage, Cucumber, Onions, Strawberries, Tours,
Squash

6701 Good Hope Church Road, Morrisville, NC 27560. Phone: (919) 467-3004.

Directions: Located on Good Hope Church Road across from the church. Good
Hope Church Road is off of Carpenter Morrisville Road between Hwy 54/Hwy 55
in Morrisville. Call for more information.

"

Old 03-04-2006, 03:07 AM posted to triangle.gardens
?

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 02:24:18 GMT in .net Elizabeth wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have a recommendation for one of the pick-your-own strawberry
farms? Not too far from Raleigh/Cary/Morrisville area is preferred. And are
any open yet?

Well, the one that was off of high house is now townhouses and offices...

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil
Old 03-04-2006, 07:53 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Teech

Jean's on 751 - - - close to Durham and Cary. Not open yet.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:48 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Michael Waldvogel

Is that the one across from Apex Nurseries?

Old 04-04-2006, 01:41 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Teech

Yes it is. By the way, I really like Apex Nurseries. If you know what
you want...they are the place to go. You can phone in your order and
they'll pull it for you ahead of time (if you don't mind them picking
out your plants). Only drawback is that they are only open business
hours M-F.

Old 04-04-2006, 05:57 PM posted to triangle.gardens

On 2006-04-01, Al & Glenda wrote:
We have found that Phillips has always had the best strawberries in very
clean picking conditions. Call to find out when they will be ready.

a.. Phillips Strawberries - Cabbage, Cucumber, Onions, Strawberries, Tours,
Squash

6701 Good Hope Church Road, Morrisville, NC 27560. Phone: (919) 467-3004.

Directions: Located on Good Hope Church Road across from the church. Good
Hope Church Road is off of Carpenter Morrisville Road between Hwy 54/Hwy 55
in Morrisville. Call for more information.

Jean's Berry Patch is just off NC 751 near Apex Nursery. Think it is a
bit early for berries yet.

Take 64 West from Cary. Take the first right after you go under NC55.
That ends and NC 751 and the berry farm is on the corner.

Or continue to NC 751 and take a right. I think it is a bit faster.
Just as yoyu pass the nursery they are on the right hand corner.

"

is a garbage address.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:56 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Martha Stallmann

How about an organic pick-your-own strawberry farm? Is there one around
here? Strawberries are high on the list of fruits on which pesticides are
used. For years I have been eating lots of strawberries either from the
Farmer's Market or the pick-your-own places, but now I'm beginning to worry
about the chemicals.

-Martha

link.net...

Old 06-04-2006, 02:02 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Jo

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
link.net...

Hi,

Does anyone have a recommendation for one of the pick-your-own strawberry
farms? Not too far from Raleigh/Cary/Morrisville area is preferred. And
are any open yet?

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Hi Martha,

This is a CSA but they are organic.
http://www.hilltopfarms.org/

The Durham Farmers Market is a bit more Organic Friendly.

http://www.durhamfarmersmarket.com/vendorlist.mgi

There is a good site for pick your own.

http://www.pickyourown.org

I also do the organic thing growing and eating. I am starting my own
strawberries this year. Hoping to do well with them.

Jo

Recommendation for strawberry protection Juniper Edible Gardening 8 20-07-2011 08:31 PM
organic strawberry farm [email protected] Gardening 0 17-06-2006 04:31 AM
farm pond help! Eddie Ponds 1 31-03-2003 05:56 AM
Farm pond improvement question. CR Ponds 0 30-03-2003 03:56 PM
Antique Rose Farm Info wanted about Mark or Travis Roses 0 02-02-2003 06:09 PM