GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Liriope turning brown (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/142050-liriope-turning-brown.html)

[email protected] 06-04-2006 05:19 PM

Liriope turning brown

The leaves on my Liriope plants seem to have some kind of rust---they are
spotted with brownish/red spots. I have not trimmed them back this year,
but I did last year. Maybe it is the drought? Any help will be
appreciated. Thanks,

E Gregory 06-04-2006 05:55 PM

Liriope turning brown

wrote:
The leaves on my Liriope plants seem to have some kind of rust---they are
spotted with brownish/red spots. I have not trimmed them back this year,
but I did last year. Maybe it is the drought? Any help will be
appreciated. Thanks,

Most likely these are just last years ragged leaves and the new fresh
leaves have not come out yet. Just a guess though.
Eileen

[email protected] 06-04-2006 10:05 PM

Liriope turning brown

On 2006-04-06, wrote:

The leaves on my Liriope plants seem to have some kind of rust---they are
spotted with brownish/red spots. I have not trimmed them back this year,
but I did last year. Maybe it is the drought? Any help will be
appreciated. Thanks,

Trim - them - back - every - February!!!!!!!!.

is a garbage address.

Derek Mark Edding 12-04-2006 03:42 PM

Liriope turning brown

wrote:
Trim - them - back - every - February!!!!!!!!.

We never get to trim ours back. The local Easter Bunny population takes
care of it for us. :(

-dreq

PATSY COSTNER 30-05-2006 03:01 AM

I agree with Eileen. I have so much Liriope that I failed to trim some of mine back. It is those plants that have the spots. I just trimmed some of mine this week. Look down inside the plant. You may still trim the folage back but be careful not to cut the top of the new shoots coming out. Patsy [/quote]