GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lilacs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/142161-lilacs.html)

Jo 20-04-2006 03:12 PM

Lilacs

Daniel B. Martin wrote:
E Gregory wrote:

Sounds ilke Wisteria to me, growing up trees, etc.

Read this. Better yet, read it aloud. Funny!

http://www.supernet.net/~jclark/fiction/wisteria.html

Daniel B. Martin

LOL THat was funny.

Checked the photographs, and it is Lilac for sure in the front, but the
rear is looking like Wisteria. :)

Thank you all for the clarification.

Jo

MaryMind 20-04-2006 05:38 PM

Lilacs

Jo wrote:
Daniel B. Martin wrote:

E Gregory wrote:

Sounds ilke Wisteria to me, growing up trees, etc.

Read this. Better yet, read it aloud. Funny!

http://www.supernet.net/~jclark/fiction/wisteria.html

Daniel B. Martin

LOL THat was funny.

Checked the photographs, and it is Lilac for sure in the front, but the
rear is looking like Wisteria. :)

Thank you all for the clarification.

Jo

Hi, Jo, recently my in-laws visited from Alabama and she told me about
her lilac 'tree'. I never knew there was such a thing but I did a
search and found this one at J&Ps website. Perhaps there are others
that will work in our growing zone.

Japanese Lilac Tree, 2 for the price of 1
A fragrant spring spectacle in the garden.
Buy one, get another free! Flowering later than traditional lilacs, this
showy tree produces panicles of spice-scented ivory blossoms. Include 2
trees shipped bareroot to one address.

Syringa reticulata / 6" blooms–spring 25' H x 10'-15' W / Zones 3-8 /
Shipped bareroot, as 2'-3' standard / Full sun to part shade
Save 50% off individual prices
- $79.90 value