GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Water Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/142377-water-question.html)

MJC 13-04-2006 09:13 PM

Water Question

We are watering our new garden with lake water that we know is acidic. How
acidic we don't exactly know. Our plants are not doing well and I am not
sure if it is the water or the "transplant" factor. Any clues for us?

MJ

Dwayne 15-04-2006 02:14 AM

Water Question

I would have the water and the land you are putting it on tested. Most good
plants want to be kept at pH 6 - 6.5. Blueberries and other acid lovers
want pH 4.5 - 5.5. Weeds like pH 8 and above.

Dwayne

meexie 15-04-2006 01:08 PM

Water Question

You can buy PH test strips at a pool supply house, or an aquarium
store. Haven't checked, but you might even try a Lowes or Home Depot.
Note: this will only tell you the PH of your water. You might want to
get the soil tested as well.

Also, what conditions, PH-wise, do your plants require?

Baine Carruthers 19-04-2006 05:26 PM

Water Question

How do you know the lake water is acidic? Are you talking about a small
pond or Lake Jordon?

--
Baine